7.08.2010

P is for Phinneas

One of my oldest and dearest friends gave birth to her first child today! She and her husband are the smartest, funniest, most talented couple I've ever met. As a molecular biologist and an illustrator, they are the perfect balance and I can't imagine better parents for baby Finn. Or is it Phinn? I guess we will have to work that one out...

Since Finn's proud papa is an artist and the couple know so many creative people, they asked friends and family to design an alphabet card to be hung in the baby's nursery. I can't wait to see how the project comes together with artists all over the country working in so many varied styles. It will be a unique gift for this one of a kind kid!

I wanted to design something sweet and modern with a touch of whimsy. So, here is my card, the lovely letter E! ... and of course since I am such a procrastinator, the baby arrived before my card did. Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. Betty, It has been a while since I checked your blog. I love the card!!! I can't wait to add it to Phinn's collection. And I can't wait for you to finally meet him next week! :)

    Ang

    ReplyDelete