1.04.2011

Swap it up!

I wanted to share all the lovely ornaments I received as part of this year's Freshly Blended Ornament Swap. My group included women across the country from Seattle to Brooklyn, along with participates from Australia and England. I received all but one ornament and each one was a fun surprise in my mail box. The ornaments might not all be my style, but I appreciate the creativity and effort with which they were all made. To showcase the collection, I added the ornaments to a fresh wreath on my front door! Don't they look nice together?


My colleagues at work did our own "sub-swap" as part of the ornament exchange. It was so much fun to see what different sorts of ornaments we each created. The finished products included hand sewn ornaments, clay work, beading and many different types of recycling and repurposing of old materials. I was the lucky recipient of Alisa's Holiday Coo-Coo Clock, which she illustrated and printed on fabric before she sewed it all together! CUTE!


1 comment:

  1. i still have hope that you will receive the one that has, thus far, gone missing!
    -dp

    ReplyDelete